Safaricom USSD codes
Safaricom USSD codes are the easiest way to access Safaricom services without the internet.
A USSD application, is service that enables mobile phone users to access digital services without internet connectivity or data bundles.
Safaricom pioneered USSD in Kenya with the popular *144# code that subscribers could access their balance. Other Safaricom services that can be access via USSD include,
On your Safaricom phone, open the phone application and enter the Safaricom USSD code *144# then press the call button.
A USSD code is prefixed by a the * key and postfixed by the # key. On some services, you can also chain menu options to one e.g *144*1# the USSD menu options are separated by a *.
Here are the key Safaricom USSD codes that new subscribers should be aware of:
1. *144#: To check your airtime balance.
2. *141#: To load your airtime scratch card.
3. *100#: To Access all Safaricom USSD services for prepaid customer. e.g Unsubscribe from unwanted promotional messages.
4. *200#: To access all Safaricom USSD services for postpaid customers.
5. *544#: To purchase internet bundles and configure internet services on your phone.
6. *126#: To access your Bonga points balance and redeem them for airtime or internet bundles.
7. *222#: To activate and deactivate voicemail services on Safaricom.
1. *131# To access Okoa Jahazi advance airtime.
2. *855# To access Okoa Stima and borrow airtime tokens from KPLC.
3. *234*1*1# To access Mshwari by NCBA bank
Dial *334# on your Safaricom mobile phone to access M-PESA services or your M-PESA statement on USSD.
You can also Paybill, and BuyGoods/Till Number or Send and Receive money on any mobile phone via this code.
There are 2 types of USSD codes that you can register in Kenya. The code can either be dedicated or shared.
To register the USSD code in Kenya send an email to [email protected] with the following documents attached:
1. Certificate of incorporation if registered in Kenya.
2. Expected USSD use case.
3. Identity document of the contact person. E.g passport or a copy of ID.
4. Company KRA PIN if registered in Kenya.
Are you ready to get started? Sign up here for a demo of the HelloDuty CRM and customer engagement automation software now.
Customer relationship management is a technology used to manage interactions with customers, both regular and potential.
Businesses and organizations of all sectors can gain a competitive advantage using no-code platforms.
Plan, engage, and analyse with ease. Transform your customer relationship with an all-in-one platform.