Top USSD service providers in Kenya
Here are the top USSD code service providers in Kenya.
A USSD code is an alphanumeric number of up to 12 digits long that can operate on all networks and is used for mobile-based services between a customer and a business. The term USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service Data.
Let's go in deep on the USSD codes in this article as follows;
There are a wide range of platforms that provide USSD codes in Kenya, such as ;
2. Africa's Talking: Offers a USSD API to build your USSD but not a user interface. You therefore need a developer to help.
3. Mteja: Has a simple flow builder. Does not integrate well with popular platforms.
4. Stratech: Offers USSD services, short codes, and bulk SMS for Kenyan businesses. The company works to provide a network connection to its customers through a mobile-based application.
5. Glitext solutions: A Kenyan-based USSD service provider that issues USSD codes to Kenyan customers through mobile services applications.
Learn how to build a USSD code in 5 mins using this video;
The term 'USSD' describes any interactive service that operates when the user sends a command via a mobile phone keypad. This shortcode command dialed by users is supposed to be forwarded to the user's USSD application for an immediate response. A typical example is when you dial *121# on your phone to access your bank account balance.
USSD codes usually run on networks and do not necessarily need to be installed for users to get them to operate. It makes the user's work easier simply because they can dial short-digit codes to find answers to what they are looking for.
All this requires is for the user to enter their SIM card PIN and press the send button on their handset. This activates an SMS-based communication channel between their device and the mobile network operator's gateway server, retrieving information from its database to answer them in real-time.
1. Businesses use USSD to communicate with their customers to update and alert them on offers, among other things. They give their customers a short code to dial and keep in touch with them.
2. Delivery apps such as uber eats use the USSD code to interact with customers who are making orders and for deliveries from their menu. They also include promotion codes and offers for their customers to use.
3. Some companies use the USSD code to engage with users of their products to get immediate feedback through research and surveys filled out.
4. Mobile banking apps such as Pesa pap by family bank use USSD codes to provide their customers with services regardless of whether they use a smartphone.
Getting a USSD running is as easy as you may think. Start by;
1. On the phone application, dial * a number, then press #. e.g *144# on Safaricom Kenya
2. Press on the call button and then allow the code to run as you await feedback.
3. Ensure the USSD code you are running is correct to avoid the "invalid MMI code.
4. Follow the instructions and proceed as advised based on the services you need.
These are payments made by text. By sending a text using the USSD code, the service provider can receive compensation for what a user wants to purchase from them through an online payment system.
USSD is the way to go. Research shows that effect transactions in Kenya are primarily achieved through the USSD code. This would be your chance if you are a business person and have yet to consider getting a code. You can also check out our YouTube video that will guide you on how to build your own USSD code for guidance.
Are you ready to get started? Sign up here for a demo of the HelloDuty CRM and customer engagement automation software now.
Customer data management is a strategic plan that businesses use to collect, analyze, and keep track of their customers' data records for later use.
Website traffic increase is the number of visitors that visit your website daily. The more visitors, the higher the chances you have a massive following.
Plan, engage, and analyse with ease. Transform your customer relationship with an all-in-one platform.