A programmable voice solution is a telephony solution that enables you to send and receive phone calls. It is an effective way to communicate with your customer base without having to rely on expensive data plans or cellular networks. You can improve the customer experience by having all of your incoming calls routed through one device so that no matter where they are calling from – whether it be their home, office or cell phone – they will always have access right away!
The benefits of using programmable voice include:
Programmable voice allows you to make outbound calls, making it easy for customers to get in touch with you. You can make local and toll-free outbound calls using your programmable voice system as well as international outbound calls. You can also have a list of numbers programmed into the system so that when someone dials one of those numbers, they'll be connected directly or transferred automatically to your business line if necessary (this is called "direct routing").
Programmable voice also offers DTMF tone capability so that you can easily recognize different types of busy signals by hearing them through speakers instead of having an automated answering machine pick up messages when someone leaves a message on their behalf.
Incoming call delivery
Incoming calls are delivered in two ways:
- You can configure your phone to deliver incoming calls directly to your mobile phone, even if you're not at home. This is useful if you have a busy schedule and want to receive important messages while out of the office or away from the house.
- You can also configure your phone so that it routes all incoming calls through an extension number—a single line where multiple people can listen in on the same conversation without disturbing each other (for example). This is useful if one person wants another person's attention without upsetting his or her partner by cutting them off mid-sentence; he could simply call him directly instead of interrupting him with a message.
Call control (change volume, muting and unmuting)
You can also use the mute and unmute feature to adjust the volume of your voice.
Call recording is an important feature of programmable voice. Call recording allows you to record any on-hold messages or calls without interrupting the call. You can then send these recordings to your customers, colleagues and supervisors so they are aware of their obligations and responsibilities during a call.
You may also want to use this feature if you need to keep track of what happened during certain conversations or meetings in order for future reference purposes. For example:
- If someone makes an error while speaking on behalf of your company (e.g., mispronounces a word), it's helpful knowing how they got caught out so that this doesn't happen again;
- If someone makes a mistake while filing paperwork incorrectly (e.g., putting down one thing when they meant another), there's an opportunity here for improvement;
Increase in customer satisfaction by integrating your business phone system with your existing workflows.
- Dialing out - You can program your employees' phones to dial out automatically when they answer the call, so no one has to wait for them.
- Incoming call delivery - You can also set up an incoming call delivery system so that if someone calls your business line before 9am, it will ring through immediately instead of ringing back later in the day when everyone is at work!
- Call control (change volume, muting/unmuting) - If there are any issues with how loud or quiet a person's voice sounds on conference calls or meetings then this feature allows them easy access
Enables you to send and receive phone calls.
Programmable voice is a telephony solution that enables you to send and receive phone calls. It's a cloud-based solution, so it works on any device that has internet access. The software is easy to use and affordable—and it's perfect for small businesses who want the flexibility of programmable voice but don't want the cost of traditional PBXs or IVRs (interactive voice response).