How to get an American phone number free
Get a Free American phone number via Twilio and HelloDuty. Its easy to set up and does not require a credit card to get started.
No matter the reason, we all know that an American phone number always comes in handy for your business.
A business may need a US phone number because:
1. You wish to call American customers without incurring international charges.
2. You wish to appear to have an American presence without an American address.
3. You wish to access services only available to customers with a US phone number.
In this tutorial, we will discuss how to get a FREE virtual phone number in the US via Twilio trial accounts. No credit card needed.
This tutorial will take approximately 10 mins and you do not have to pay any fees to get started.
Once you are set up with your Twilio trial number, ensure you upgrade your account to remove the annoying message.
At the time of writing this article. The easiest way to get a free American phone number is via Twilio's trial account.
A Twilo trial account also comes with a Free $15 credit to allow you to call for free. This will be perfect for our set up and test.
1. Sign up for a new account Twilio
2. Onboard and validate your phone number. You will need a validated phone number to proceed.
3. After onboarding, you will view the dashboard console as seen below:
Thats it. Next we set up the phone number to work on HelloDuty.
Now we have our free US number, we need to set it up on HelloDuty to enable us make and receive calls. The following 5 easy steps are all about pasting and copying stuff and should be easy to do in a few minutes
Having a phone number is not enough, you still need a phone interface to make and receive calls. This is where HelloDuty comes into the picture.
1. Create a new TwiML App
For the Friendly Name: US Phone TwiML
For the Request URL: https://api-demo.helloduty.com/v3/twilio/cb and
For the Status Callback: enter https://api-demo.helloduty.com/v3/twilio/cb
2. Click 'Create'
3. Go to Manage Numbers and click on your new provisioned phone number.
4. Update the settings as follows
5. Save the configuration.
1. Create a Free account on HelloDuty
2. Go to settings by clicking on the gear icon.
3. Click on integration and select Twilio
4. Give your configuration a name
5. Add the following settings.
Account SID: Get the Account SID from the console page
Auth Token: Get the Auth Token from the console page
Copy the keys and populate them in the API Key and API Secret fields.
Once the configuration has been set up, we can now set up a phone number asset and start making our calls.
1. Click on Assets and click "Create +" add the free Twilio phone number.
2. Enter the Free US phone number in the asset input.
Before you can use the HelloDuty phone, you need to assign yourself a licence.
The first admin licence is free, and with this you can get to try out the CTI.
On the navigation menu, click on Team and select your user from the list.
Select CTI and click the arrow to move it to the right. Save changes and thats it.
Once a license has been assigned, the phone will appear,
You can now go ahead and test the phone.
Are you ready to get started? Sign up here for a demo of the HelloDuty CRM and customer engagement automation software now.
E-commerce has simplified the lives of many Kenyans with the provision of their services both locally and internationally.
Sending bulk SMS messages is one of the most efficient and affordable ways to reach out to a large number of people simultaneously. As a business owner in Nairobi, Kenya, you can benefit from using bulk SMS to market your products or services.
Plan, engage, and analyse with ease. Transform your customer relationship with an all-in-one platform.